Test and Quality Manager
Remote Working or office based in Basingstoke
£52,000 - £64,00
ROLE PURPOSE AND SUMMARY
As a Test Manager working within Software Development, you will lead a team of Junior and Senior Test Analysts across multiple sites onshore and offshore. You will be responsible for quality across the department right through to delivery of releases to multiple clients around the world.
Key responsibilities are:
- Defining the Software Development test strategies ensuring best practices are defined and followed for areas such as defect management, resource planning and test automation
- Produce Master Test Plans for new customers and major releases to existing customers
- Deliver and continuously improve processes and software quality across the SDLC
- Coordinate test activities not only within the Agile teams but throughout the delivery of releases to existing and new customers
- Coordinate non-functional test activities such as Disaster Recovery, Failover and Performance testing
- Host User Acceptance Testing with governments and organisations around the world, remotely and on customer site
- Reporting progress and various stats to the Head of Software Development and to other teams across the business
- Management of the test teams' objectives to set and enable the team to achieve them
- Contribute to meetings with key stakeholders on different hardware and software's under development including front-end web applications, mobile phone applications, SOAP and REST API services, third party developed applications, external integrations and test environment configuration
- Provide detailed guidance and hands-on support to resolve high priority production issues and blockers within the Software Development team.
Education, Skills & Knowledge:
- Able to demonstrate a strong knowledge and practical understanding of the Scrum development process (product backlog development and management experience is essential)
- Able to demonstrate a strong knowledge and understanding of a variety of test phases and testing techniques
- Experience in helping to deliver successful systems integration projects
- Knowledge / understanding of Service Orientated Architecture and web services
- Experience and capability of providing exceptional customer service
- Willingness to travel to any part of the world, if required
- Holds ISTQB accreditation / diploma (or equivalent)
- Ability to envision and deliver software solutions that meet user needs and/or solve business problems
- Ability to set and manage priorities judiciously
- Ability to articulate and gain engagement for ideas to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Established experience in a similar Test Management role
- Established experience of working within an Agile/Scrum environment
- Demonstrable expertise in learning and understanding software products, in detail
- Experience of transforming a manual test organisation into a more automated operation
- Successfully coaching and supporting staff to improve their skills and increase their expertise.
- Working closely with the Head of Software Development and the Heads of Architecture, Business Systems Analyst and Development to ensure the successful delivery of each release.
- Resource planning of the test resources to ensure deliveries to new and existing customers do not impact a compact release schedule.
- Liaising with customers, manufacturers and importers to schedule various test activities to gain customer sign-off and to on-board manufacturers to the production systems.
- Acting as a subject matter expert on how the software products work and function to support the diagnosis of issues and in discussion with Account Management and Customers
- Test environment management to ensure the right environments are available for the right test phases with the appropriate level of network connectivity for internal and external test activities.
- Production and ownership of test documentation such as Test Strategy, Master Test Plans and Test Completion Reports.
- Improving the overall quality of releases across the entire SDLC.
- Attending and contributing to the Agile ceremonies to ensure best practices are followed.
- Communicating to the project team during ongoing test activities.
- Reporting to the Software Leadership team key metrics and KPIs to track progress and quality improvements
If you would like to apply for this role please contact email@example.com