£40k - £45k
The UI designer is responsible for contributing to the development of the User Interface across all customer contact points within the business with the aim of creating a seamless and consistent design language across each of the individual company brands.
You will contribute to the design systems for each brand, and ensure we are creating a consistent experience for our customers. You will work in multi-disciplinary teams supporting product vision goals across the business.
As part of the UI team, your role will be to create and maintain enterprise design systems for our brands, developing the design language for those brands, and maintaining a consistent experience for customers across their interaction with our digital products.
You will also be part of a cross functional work stream - working with UX designers, developers, product owners and business analysts to create concepts, prototypes, and atomic design elements that follow the design language of our digital products.
· 5+ years of previous User Interface Design
· Experience of atomic design, Design systems and web standards
· Device agnostic design experience, across both mobile and web
· Experience user centered design approach
· Experience working in an Agile development environment
And other design tools such as:
· Adobe Creative Suite and
· Knowledge of HTML / CSS / SASS and Storybook is beneficial
Key Job Accountabilities:
· Communicate design rationale and approach and how it relates to research findings, brand requirements and user needs. Prototype concepts from those designs for validation through testing.
· Follow, contribute and maintain a shared design language system for each of our brands, for reuse across our digital platforms.
· Design for mobile, tablet and desktop (device agnostic) including responsive websites using mobile first techniques.
· Participate in and contribute to design critiques and post project reviews
· Promote discourse about good design as a positive impact on the user. Promote UI within the company, especially around the design language systems that we create and maintain for the company to use.
Understand best practice
· Constantly review new developments within the design industry, identifying new trends in user interface design, industry tooling, and design processes. Be able to understand which parts of the design to retain and which to improve upon.
If you would like to apply for the role please send your CV to email@example.com