Windows Server Engineer
An international company, based in Southampton is seeking a Windows Server Engineer to join their existing IT Infrastructure Department to provide BAU and Project support for existing EMEA infrastructure.
This is a great opportunity for a Windows Server Engineer to develop their career further and become an integral part of the Infrastructure Department.
This is a varied role and as an Windows Server Engineer you will:
- Manage core Microsoft Windows services, Active Directory, DHCP, DNS
- Responsible for the day to day support and maintenance of the EMEA infrastructure
- Deploy, Manage and Upgrade Microsoft Windows servers globally
- Create and maintain documentation
- Ensure that IT systems comply with internal security policies
- Provide input on department or project budgets, capital expenditures or other cost/resource estimates as requested
- Install, Design and Develop complex, integrated solutions to meet business requirements or enhance performance of company IT Infrastructure services.
- Provides 24x7 On Call support
- Shares knowledge and actively mentors less experienced analysts.
- Deploy physical and virtual servers
- Manage multiple Infrastructure projects for all EMEA locations:
- Ensuring each project is aligned with company business priorities
- Ensuring each project is well defined and has plans for success
- Maintaining scope within time and budget constraints
- Collaborating with local and global stakeholders in the design of IT solutions to meet business challenges and requirements
- Delivers project status and summary project information to all levels of the business
- Understands business impact of issues and how they relate to IT owned solutions
- Identify opportunities to optimize return on investment, efficiency, reliability, and simplicity of company's infrastructure systems and services.
- Resolve and make decisions on more complex incidents and service requests
- Continuously develop technical subject matter expertise on established and emerging infrastructure technologies
- Plan and perform major version upgrades
- Provide input into the strategic direction of technologies within area of discipline
The successful Windows Server Engineer will have experience with:
- 2+ Years' experience with Windows Servers
- Strong troubleshooting, problem-solving and communication of issues, statuses, fixes and follow-ups.
- Server Operating systems (MS Windows, Linux)
- Proven track record of project delivery - including the coordination and management of projects in a dynamic, fast paced environment.
- Server Applications (MS Exchange, MS Team, MS SQL)
- Demonstrated strong and effective verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Familiarity with project management methodologies such as AGILE or Prince2.
- Hosted applications and desktops (Citrix Virtual Desktop)
- Demonstrated experience in successful implementation of technology solutions
- Data Center Virtualisation (VMware vSphere)
- IPv4, IPv6
- Demonstrated ability to solve moderately complex technical problems independently
- Network Attached Storage (Netapp, Tintri, Dell, Pure)
- IT Industry recognised qualifications
- Knowledge of analysis, design, and configuration of complex IT applications, local and wide area networks, heterogeneous server systems, and regulatory and security requirements.
The role of Windows Server Engineer is paying £30,000 - £40,000 with excellent benefits including, up to 26 days holiday, Pension, Dental, Private Medical, free parking and more.
To apply for the Windows Server Engineer please forward your CV to CameronElloway@SpectrumIT.co.uk or call Cameron on 02380 765 301