Senior Database Administrator / DBA - (MySQL)
An award winning and progressive technology group are looking for an experienced Database Administrator / DBA with skills in MySQL to join them at an exciting time for the business.
The Senior Database Administrator / DBA will play an important role as the organisation moves into a cloud based environment.
The successful Senior Database Administrator / DBA will required to have the following skills and experience:
- Commercial experience of Database Administration using MySQL or a strong SQL background with some MySQL exposure
- Experience of working with or an awareness of AWS or cloud based technologies - (Desirable).
- Knowledge and awareness of Microservices - (Desirable)
- Commercial experience of working with Linux.
- Solid experience of database design, sizing and architecture
- Experience with MongoDB or MariaDB - (Desirable)
- Computer Science or relevant IT degree qualified
- Excellent communication skills
The responsibilities of the Senior Database Administrator / DBA will include:
- Planning and database development.
- Maintenance and high availability of the companies 24/7 services.
- Monitoring and tuning of database instances.
- Responsibility for back-ups and replication.
- The writing and maintenance of database documentation.
To apply for this position, please forward your CV to LucyHowell@spectrumit.co.uk or call Lucy on 02380 765825