1st/2nd Line Support Engineer (Windows, O365, Azure)
£20,000 - £25,000
1st / 2nd Line Support Engineer required by a niche software company based in Basingstoke. This is a very hands on role which includes triage and diagnosis of issues & root cause analysis. You will have a good knowledge of IT especially Cloud technologies along with excellent customer service skills.
You will have knowledge of supporting & administering:-
- Windows Server 2012+ & Azure Cloud
- Office 365, Skype for Business, One Drive, SharePoint Online, Exchange
- iOS, Android, Intune/MDM
- Windows 7 & 10
- Windows Server 2012+
- Good understanding Networking
- Exchange Admin - MS Flow, PowerApps
- Scripting Skills- e.g. PowerShell etc.
- Certifications in MS Operating Systems, A+ Certification, Network+ and MS Office 365 applications
- Provide hands on 1st line application and technical support. This includes
- Responding to client issues, installing (& imaging), configuring, diagnosing, repairing, maintaining and upgrading all PC Software, PC Operating Systems, PC Hardware, AV & telephony equipment to ensure optimal performance
- Performing system administration, support and development for applications and systems. This includes reporting of global server backups, escalating to management if any issues are not resolved quickly
- Logging, documenting and managing all incidents using an Incident Management tool
- Maintain the inventory of all hardware and software, to ensure licence compliancy.
- Ensure SLAs are met and process and procedures followed
- Perform system administration, and support for 'local' applications systems and applications
- Help produce and maintain IT statistics, reports, checklists, training guides and other documentation as necessary
- Maintain appropriate stock levels+ of computer consumables and accessories and to raise purchase orders as necessary, ensuring that value for money is obtained
- Ensure incidents, problems and all non-technical documentation are kept up-to-date
- Interact with internal teams, external third-party vendors, and hosting providers to troubleshoot and resolve potentially complex problems
- Follow and help to continuously improve IT policies, processes and standards (e.g. problem and incident management, service levels, change control, security and auditing, release, configuration,).
- Train our user base on implemented new technologies and provide support for IT security on Security Awareness Training
- Share / spread knowledge with team members, coaching and developing them in IT best practice, as well as identifying training needs individually and for the team
- To become formally trained and qualified in our technology stack e.g. Microsoft certified in Office 365, Azure and Windows Server technologies to the appropriate level.
- Take an active role in shaping our future IT culture and environment
If you have the relevant skills please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 02380 765804.