Tier 1 technical support
Are you looking to start out a career in IT support? Want to work for a company that will offer an excellent training scheme and career progression opportunities?
About the company
My client is a leading technology distributor of consumer, business and enterprise products from established and emerging technology brands. They have won several awards and continue to grow year on year in the UK market and internationally.
About the position
This role is based within a Technical Support team and you will be the crucial 1st line of contact for customers IT issues. The right person will combine IT knowledge and exceptional customer service. Experience working in an IT support background is preferable but not essential as the company offer excellent on the job training for someone with the right skillset and motivation.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Being first point of contact for support, via telephone, email and portal
- Logging support calls for our customers within the helpdesk system ensuring information collected is accurate and prioritised appropriately
- Working against contract service level agreements (SLAs)
- Pro-active monitoring of internal and customer systems
- Keeping support requests up to date
- Ensuring all relevant parties are kept informed of progress on support tickets
- Attending technical training as required
- Providing technical input to support requests to progress or resolve
Person Specification and experience
The ideal candidate will have some sort of IT/Technical support experience/qualification. You will have Knowledge of networking protocols, configuring firewalls and routers, web-based administration and Knowledge of Microsoft operating systems. Experience of Microsoft Active Directory, authentication products and two factor authentications are also beneficial. Any knowledge of SSL technologies, backup products and an understanding of network topologies is a bonus.
Please note that as a helpdesk they operate a 24x7 hour shift pattern consisting of:
4x Night Shift (10pm to 6am)
2x Days off
4x Late Shift (2pm to 10pm)
2x Days off
4x Early Shift (6am to 2pm)
2x Days off
There is a night shift bonus plus a quarterly bonus incentive to work towards as well as excellent opportunities for on the job training a career progression with a company culture of "promoting within"