2nd Line IT Support Engineer (Infrastructure or Network) - £30,000 - £45,000
A progressive and market leading technology company are looking for 2nd Line Support Engineers from various backgrounds to join them at an exciting time for the business.
The IT Support Engineer will be given the opportunity to expand their skills portfolio as exposure will be given across a range of technologies and platforms.
The responsibilities of the IT Support Engineer will include:
- The implementation, monitoring and support of the companies IT Infrastructure and Networking.
- Adherence to IT Support and service processes.
- Working closely with a project manager and technical support teams.
- Proactively monitoring IT Systems to ensure 24x7x365 uptime.
- Work on the continuous support and improvement of the UK IT Infrastructure by working on upgrades and other improvements.
- Having input into the development of the IT dashboard for the Network Operational Centre.
The IT Support Engineer will have the following skills and experience:
- Commercial IT Support experience.
- Tenacious approach to learning new technology and processes.
- Happy working in a team environment, prepared to share specialist knowledge with colleagues.
- SC Cleared or eligible for clearance.
Experience with any of the following server, systems and network areas:
- Microsoft Servers / VMWare.
- Linux Servers (CentOS desirable but not essential)
- Palo Alto / Wireshark or other monitoring tools.
- Commercial Networking knowledge.
This is a great opportunity for a Network Engineer / Infrastructure Engineer / or IT Support Technician who are keen to expand their skills and knowledge. Training and exposure to a wide range of technologies will be provided.