2nd Line Support / Technical Support Engineer
IT Infrastructure, SQL, Desktop Support, 2nd Line Support, Technical Support
Location: Middlesbrough; commutable from Stokesley, Guisborough, Northallerton
Salary: £20,000 - £25,000
We have a great opportunity for a 2nd Line Support Engineer to join a small support team based near Middlesbrough offering excellent benefits, modern offices and scope for progression. The Technical Support engineer will be working with a small support team of 2 others and will be responsible for any 2nd line support queries relating to an enterprise-level software application.
Duties will range from desktop support to identifying and troubleshooting infrastructure issues and more!
- Identify and resolve software issues
- Contact and liaise with customers directly over a number of means including phone, email and a live-chat function
- Diagnose and troubleshoot infrastructure issues
- Provide prompt and accurate feedback in a professional, friendly manner
- Log, update and close cases as necessary whilst consistently adhering to the relevant procedures
- Escalate any unresolved issues to appropriate internal teams
- Prioritise and manage multiple open cases at one time
- Install server and any other relevant client-side software
- Maintain and continue to build a relationship with customers
Essential Skills and Experience:
- 2+ years' experience in a technical Support or desktop support in a software company - ideally 2nd line
- Knowledge and background of technologies including IT infrastructure and SQL databases
- Experience of at least one programming / scripting language
- Fantastic Communication and interpersonal skills
Furthermore, there is on-site parking at the offices, standard working hours and a great company culture.
To apply, please email your CV to AmyLee@SpectrumIT.co.uk