3rd Line Engineer is required to join a growing and highly progressive Managed Service Provider from their head office based in Waterlooville.
Working within a team environment the 3rd Line Support Engineer will be expected to work with multiple customers, across a range of technologies. Not only will you be working on various projects ranging from installations, migrations and configuration of systems you will also be expected to resolve any issues which have been escalated from the 1st and 2nd line teams.
You will be expected to:
- Resolve high level technical issues both directly from customers and through technical escalation
- 3rd Line Support, Windows Server administration, Active Directory, Exchange, Virtualisation, Networking technologies
- Maintain a high-level of knowledge on all supported customers and their environments
- Troubleshoot server and network performance and make recommendations
- Manage backup and disaster recovery systems and processes
- Manage firewalls and network security
- Keep operational documentation up-to-date
The ideal candidate for the 3rd Line Support Engineer role will be working within an infrastructure support role at the moment and have a strong background within it. An industry recognised qualification would also be highly beneficial but is not required.
My client is looking for someone with experience of:
- Microsoft Server 2012, 2012R2, 2016
- Exchange 2010 and above
- Office 365
- Virtualisation within either Hyper-V or VMware
- Remote desktop services
- Network and firewall management
- Cloud Services (IaaS, SaaS, Office365, Azure)
- Backup and recovery systems and processes
As you will be working within a team environment and liaising with my clients customer base then your communication skills must be very strong.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a growing company that would be able to offer further opportunities for growth along with continuous training and development.