Agile Project Manager (XP)
Fair Oak, Hampshire
The key purpose of this role is to lead a team to successfully deliver to stakeholder expectations. Coach and mentor your team, deliver exciting prospects to enable your team to work together at their best ability.
This is a new role for the company, you will be part of a programme of work for the replatforming of one of their products to a SaaS solution. You will be part of the programme however this is not a programme manager, you will be a project manager for this particular project.
You will manage a project team consisting of a Development Lead, 2 Software Developers, a Tester and a Product Owner. The team is running Agile so you need to have in depth skills here ideally XP, Kanban, Scrum in that order of priority.
Ideally you will have experience of Agile implementation where you have supported the transformation of a business to an Agile way of working.
· 5+ years of experience working as an Agile Project Manager
· Experience working with Agile Delivery methods
· Experience working with a cross-functional software development team
· Strong Agile Skills: Extreme Programming (XP), Kanban, Scrum in that order of priority
· Experience of Agile implementation where you have supported the transformation of a business to an Agile way of working
· Strong focus on team coaching, mentoring and motivating
· Ability to have technical conversations with Development and BA teams and translate this back to non-technical employees
· Working in an environment where some of the business still works waterfall would be useful as you will engage with external teams for plans that are being delivered waterfall
· High level management of risk and project plans
· Servant Leadership
· Team alignment
· Extreme Programming, Paired programming, TDD - advantage but not essential
· Delivery Management
· Continuous Delivery Planning
· Scope Management
· Risk Management
· Stakeholder Management
· Facilitation of the team
· Agile & Lean Principles
· Build High Performing Teams
· Servant Leadership
Benefits include: 25 days holiday, ability to purchase additional holiday up to 30 days, Pension - 4% matched, Critical Illness Cover, Life Assurance, Company Bonus 5%, Season Ticket Travel Loans, Cycle to Work Scheme, Perkbox, Wills at Work Scheme
If you would like to apply please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or find me on LinkedIn