Analyst Programmer / Software Developer required by an established software company located in Horsham. Due to continued success and expansion they are looking for an experienced Analyst Programmer / Software Developer to join their existing, highly skilled development team working on products for customers in the financial services industry.
The majority of software development is .NET or VB6 focused, both Windows and web. They also have existing products developed with Oracle PL/SQL. Applications considered from experienced Software Developers that have experience developing software applications with either .NET / SQL Server or VB6 / Oracle PL/SQL.
The successful Software Developer will join a cross functional team working in close conjunction with Software Test Analysts, Business Analysts and DBAs.
Working on new projects, core components or supporting existing clients, your focus will be on high quality programming, but encompassing the whole Software Delivery Life Cycle, including:
- Production of detailed technical specifications/documented analysis.
- Development work, which may vary from developing substantial new modules, to enhancements to existing systems, to bug fixing for support issues and during testing phases.
- Completion of programmer QA and secondary QA for colleagues.
- Preparation and deployment of system builds for internal testing and to client environments.
- Production of estimates for costing and/or planning purposes
- Providing assistance with client queries, remotely or face to face on client site and/or at our office.
As required and depending on your skills, knowledge and experience, you may also be involved in any/all of the following activities, for which training is provided as appropriate:
- Contributing to matters relating to the future development of the product and the introduction of new technology
- Providing team DBA support, ensuring effective management and control of client/project schema.
- Completion of physical transfer of data from clients older systems including analysis required to identify and resolve issues.
- Business analysis and production of documentation suitable for internal use and/or client review and sign off. This can include face-to-face discussions with clients and system demonstrations.
- Production of training materials & delivery of training on client site or at our office.
- Mentoring and training of colleagues.
Skills and Experience
- 3 – 5 years development experience in .Net (Windows, Web or Services) and or VB6, Oracle database or MS SQL Server.
- Ideally you will have experience of the finance industry or related businesses such as banking, insurance, and accounting.
- Able to work effectively in a team as well as independently e.g. in complex problem solving, detailed specifications.
- Able to produce work of consistently high quality, including handling complex algorithms and other calculations.
This is an opportunity to join a successful company offering the chance to work on interesting software projects. They offer a competitive salary and benefits including private healthcare, lift insurance, free parking, 25 days annual leave, income protection insurance. If you are looking for an opportunity of this nature please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 02380 765291