Android Developer - Contract - Farnborough
As an experienced Android Developer you will push mobile technologies to the limits and will work with a team of highly talented engineers to design and build the next generation of mobile applications.
What you will do:
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to define, design, and ship new features on new Android applications
- Unit-test code for robustness, including edge cases, usability, and general reliability
- Work on bug fixing and improving application performance.
- Recommend and apply best practice development processes e.g. new technologies, code reviews, pair programming
- Release management from provisioning to app store submission
What you will bring:
- Commercial Android development experience
- A deep familiarity with Java, Kotlin
- Experience working with Android frameworks
- Experience with third-party libraries and APIs
- Working knowledge of the general mobile landscape, architectures, trends, and emerging technologies
- Multithreading, synchronization and background processes
- Debugging, memory management, legacy code and profiling
- Solid understanding of the full mobile development life cycle
- Offline data storage and synchronisation.