Application Support Analyst
(Windows, Linux, SQL, Networking)
£23,000 - £28,000 basic + on average £3k-4k on call.
Hampshire; Winchester - commutable from Southampton, Basingstoke
Want to work for a company that puts a solid focus on Training - Company culture - Recognition for your work - Future prospects?
Our Winchester based client are seeking a confident, self-starter to join their established Support team working as an Application Support Analyst. The ideal Application Support Analyst will have a logical approach to work, will be technically minded, will have worked at '2nd line' level and will possess strong communication skills.
This role is working within a small team, meaning that there a no limitations to what you can learn, achieve and be actively involved in. This is a tight-knit team where queries, ideas and knowledge are shared. The team support a number of external client applications using Windows, Linux, SQL, Oracle, Networking and Cloud technologies.
The Application Support Analyst will have the opportunity to grow and further develop their technical skills in modern Cloud (Azure) and Kubernetes solutions, to name a few…
- Commercial experience supporting Applications or Software (2nd line level ideally)
- Experienced working in Windows and / or Linux environments
- SQL experience - basic querying
- Knowledge of Network architecture - TCP/IP, DNS
- Excellent communication skills - this is a heavily customer focused role
- The ability to work in a fast paced, changeable environment
- Knowledge or experience working with Cloud products (Azure and AWS)
- Linux / Unix operating systems
- ITIL certified
The ideal candidate will have a logical approach to work, will be technically minded and will possess strong communication skills which are essential for this role. Please note, this is a 35-hour working week which does involve shift work. There is also the opportunity to be involved in a paid on-call rota once up to speed.
Suitable candidates may come from the following backgrounds: Application Support, Software Support, Technical Support, Customer Support Analyst, Systems Support Analyst, Software Production Support…
To apply, please email your CV to AmyLee@SpectrumIT.co.uk