Application Support Engineer (SQL)
£20,000 - £30,000
A fantastic opportunity to work with an ERP Gold Partner with a head office in Southampton and satellite offices throughout UK and Australia. You will be joining the support team in a role which will expand your knowledge of ERP, with many opportunities to move into project management, development and implementation.
You will be responsible for dealing with software application support issues raised by customers, as well as maintaining customer relationships and working on internal support and training tasks.
The support calls are not just IT queries, they will require you to understand the customers' business processes and can cover many different subjects such as; CRM, order processing, inventory, production, scanning, accounts, purchasing, MRP.
· Commercial experience supporting Applications or Software (1st line)
· Experienced working in a Windows environment
· Possess SQL skills (basic queries / scripting etc)
· Excellent communication skills
· The ability to work in a fast paced, changeable environment
· Logical - must be able to troubleshoot problems
· Ability to prioritise service calls
· Familiarity with information systems/ERP/CRM/Finance (e.g. SAP, Sage, Oracle, Infor, Dynamics, Great Plains, Epicor, Oracle (JDE, JD Edwards,) Exact, NetSuite)
· Experience working on a helpdesk
· Project Management qualifications
· Hardware/Networking experience
· Programming/Web development in any language
· Any SQL ability
· Familiarity with accounting practices
· Understanding of business processes.
· Ownership of issues
· Ability to work Autonomously
· Able to manage multiple tasks at once
· Able to work under pressure
If you have the relevant skills and you are eager to learn send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Application Support, ERP, SQL, Windows, Software Support, Logical, CRM, SAP, SAGE, Oracle, JDE, Infor, Great Plains, NetSuite, Southampton, Hampshire, Winchester