Application Support Engineer - £40k - £50k - Southampton
Application Support Engineer required to join a growing FinTech company based in Southampton. Due to planned growth the company are looking to add another Application Support Engineer to their existing 3rd line application support team.
The successful Application Support Engineer will be providing 3rd line support to financial customers, supporting software systems identifying complex issues and often writing or amending code to resolve them.
Examples of responsibilities:
- Analyse and resolve technical issues made by customers
- Identify and address defects in code
- Write automated tests to reproduce problems and follow TDD practices
- Work closely with the development team to identify and resolve issues
- Assist customers to resolve deployment issues
- Assist in the management of internal build and test environments
- Knowledge of at least one Object-Oriented programming language, ideally C#
- Understanding of database technologies such as T-SQL or MySQL.
- Windows Server, Active Directory, DNS, IIS
- Software testing
Any experience in the following would be advantageous:
- Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or similar
- Azure DevOps
This is a good opportunity to join a leading financial technology company gaining exposure a wide variety of areas with good progression opportunities within the company.
If you are looking for an opportunity of this nature, please contact RyanOatley@SpectrumIT.co.uk or call 02380 765 286.