Applications Support Engineer
Web Applications (.Net), Services (IIS), COTS or bespoke software solutions
A great opportunity for you to join a global software specialist and provide high-end technical support services across a wide range Software & Systems.
This is a key role in the customer support & engagement lifecycle. This is not a reactive support role, you will be adding great value to the customer experience and helping to deploy solutions that have a positive impact on the lives of millions of people.
This is a great time for you to join the company as they grow the teams and invest in new technology including cloud services. You will also benefit from a company that invests in its people offering training, investment in emerging technology and will give you exposure to some fantastic technology projects.
Your career which reach a new levels as the complex scope of work challenges you on a daily basis!
Typical day to day activities will include:
- Deploy, maintain and support state of the art cloud solutions used by customers worldwide.
- Replicate customer issues and test changes on internal test systems to diagnose and repair without jeopardising customer data or operations
- Assist with system upgrades and production configuration changes
- Running regular reports, maintenance, monitoring and health check procedures
- Being part of a 24/7 out of hours rota as necessary (1 in 4 or 5)
- Champion support and preventative action on behalf of our customers.
Your skills & Experience:
- Proven experience working in a 2nd, 3rd Line Support role ideally supporting end users for COTS or bespoke software Solutions
- Working knowledge of Windows Server and Client Technology
- Supporting Web Applications and Services (IIS / .Net)
- Application Monitoring and Dashboards
- MS SQL - running queries etc (e.g. TSQL)
- Programming or Scripting - e.g. C# or PowerShell
- Experience of working in an ITIL environment
They are offering a competitive salary between £40,000 and £48,000, generous pension and autonomy to make decisions and feel valued.
Apply now - if you do not have a CV or it's not up to date don't worry, I would still like to hear from you and we can work around it. Contact me via LinkedIN or our company website. Lesley Morgan
If you have the relevant skills and you are eager to learn send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org