Application Support Engineer is required to join a growing, progressive company from their head office based in Winchester.
The role of an Application Support Engineer will involve helping to support my client's software which is used within education establishments throughout the UK. Duties will involve:
- Providing first- and second-line support to users
- Documenting all service desk calls
- Responding to support requests via Telephone, e-mail and the ServiceDesk portal
- Providing reports to the Implementation, Development, Sales and Management teams on the Service Desk Statistics.
- Maintaining the operating environment
- Performing system maintenance
- Liaising with the development teams for third line support
- Working with the development teams to extend the functionality of the software
- Updating scripts as new clients are provisioned into the service
- Quality Assurance of Power BI reports
The ideal candidate for this role will be working within a support environment at the moment and preferably have some experience, either within education or commercially, of a scripting language.
Ideally you will have experience of exposure of:
- Working within a service desk environment
- Experience of supporting bespoke software
- Experience of Python
- Experience writing SQL scripts
- Any exposure to Azure would be desirable
- Power BI
As you will be supporting my clients growing customer base, over the telephone and remotely, then your communication skills, both written and verbal, must be very strong.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a company who would be able to offer further career opportunities, training and a good benefits package.