Applications Support Engineer - Industrial automation
As a result of continuing expansion, my client now seeking multi-disciplined engineers to join the applications and technical support team. Their products; specialised programmable motion controllers / PLCs, are used in a broad range of industrial machines to provide core motion and automation functionality.
You will ideally have an HNC or higher in Electrical / Electronics / Mechanical Engineering. You should also be able to demonstrate knowledge of interfacing automation hardware with electrical systems and the basic principles of machine control.
Experience with at least 3 of the following will be advantageous:
- High level programming languages; for example, C, BASIC, Python, Java
- PLC programming, preferably using the standard IEC61131-3 environment
- Electrical interfacing between a controller and sensors/actuators in an automation system
- Servo drives and brushless servo motors
- Stepper motors and drives
- Ethernet networks, TCP/IP and topology
- PC running Windows 7 / Windows 10
- Real-time networks, e.g. EtherCAT, Sercos, CanOpen
- Application and configuration of Industrial Robots
- Programming and configuration of touch-screen HMIs
Applicants will have a broad personality and the ability to communicate effectively in English.
Applicants must be legally entitled to work in the UK
A full driving licence is required.
- Important role in an engineering led company
- Work with the latest technology in robotics and motion control
- Occasional international travel
- Attractive salary, profit related pay and pension contribution