Associate Web Graphic Designer/ Junior Web Designer/ Junior Front End Developer - Newbury, Berkshire - £20,000 - £25,000
Our client, based on the outskirts of Newbury, are looking for a new Web Designer to join their team and work closely with the marketing team and work on a wide range of Web Design projects for large, internationally recognised brands! They are looking for a candidate with a passion and interest for design as well as a technical background and, ideally, experience using HTML5 and CSS3 to work on a variety of Web Design and development projects.
The company themselves are a fantastic team in a newly converted office! It's a fantastic, lively environment with great facilities and a relaxed atmosphere. They work with some of the largest and most internationally recognised brands within their sector and so you'll have the opportunity to work on some really exciting, large scale projects!
Main duties will include:
- Work with the account management and design team in assisting with email campaigns, social media and website updates and any other recurring weekly digital tasks *
- Making sure every campaign/update goes out on time, to a high quality
- Conduct competitor research, learn new design software and keep up to date with new trends in web and email
- Offering input to creative meetings and sharing ideas
- Producing attractive and effective designs for all media
- Communicating with the studio manager to receive feedback
- Liaising effectively with clients and other team members
What they're looking for:
- Experience with CMS (primarily knowledge of Umbraco)
- Knowledge of responsive design and coding
- Proficient understanding of web markup, including HTML5, CSS3
- Good understanding of asynchronous request handling, partial page updates, Bootstrap and AJAX
- Basic knowledge of image authoring tools, to be able to crop, resize, or perform small adjustments on an image. Familiarity with tools such as as Gimp or Photoshop.
- Proficient understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues and ways to work around them.
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git.
- Good understanding of SEO principles and ensuring that application will adhere to them.
If you think you'd be suited to this role please contact Rachel at Spectrum or press apply now!