Automation Software Tester required to join a growing and highly respected employer from their head office based in Andover.
The role of an Automation Software tester will involve working throughout the full testing lifecycle within an Agile environment, working on a combination of web and windows based projects. This will include creating, maintain and executing the test plans, raising defects with the development team where required through to the documentation and sign off.
The ideal candidate for the Automation Software Tester role will have at least 3-5 years of commercial experience within software testing and ideally, but not necessarily, hold an accreditation within software testing. My client is looking for someone with:
- Proven commercial testing experience on a range of medium to large scale projects.
- Thorough knowledge of structured test methods and processes.
- Experience of using a test management tool, ideally Quality Centre.
- Proven experience of testing complex user interfaces and systems.
- Experience of working on projects delivered using an Agile methodology.
- Experience of testing Windows Software Applications/Database applications.
- Experience of testing web sites, applications and services.
- Experience of testing content management systems and content-managed web sites.
- Experience of environment setup and maintenance.
- Proven commercial experience with a test automation tool, ideally QTP and/or Selenium.
- Experience of installing applications, restoring SQL databases and interrogating SQL databases at a basic level.
- A good understanding of Client/Server and n-tier architecture.
As you will be working within a team environment and also liaising with other departments your communication skills, both written and verbal, must be very strong.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a fantastic company who will be able to offer further career progression along with some excellent benefits and a very good bonus scheme.