Data Engineer - Big Data, Hadoop, ETL
Hampshire; Fareham area
The Senior Data Engineer will play a key role in helping design and implement a Green Field Big Data project across the business, with specific focus on implementing innovative ways to improve and utilise the company's current Big Data resources.
The role will work across all areas of the business to help influence positive change both in the short and long-term, so candidates applying must be able to demonstrate recent experience in a similar Big Data environment to be considered.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- In collaboration with the Data Architect you will plan, implement the strategy for all Big Data management across the business
- Research, plan and establish innovative processes to enable the full potential of the company's data resources
- Ownership of ETL processes
- Working closely with the internal Data team and senior management to implement and improve the Hadoop Big Data platform
- Work closely with Senior management, Developers, TDA and Project Managers to ensure effective Agile project delivery
- Experience with the Big Data technologies (Hadoop ecosystem)
- Strong Data Engineering background - or similar; Data Analysis, Data Science, etc
- Excellent understanding of Data and how it can be used
- Strong ETL experience (high volume environments)
- A background in SQL, Oracle or Pythion scripting or administration
- Excellent communicator able to liaise with all areas of the business
- Experience with Hive, Nifi, Spark2, Kafka, or related tech is highly desirable
The business can offer excellent scope for progression, exposure to new tech, a growing environment and a competitive benefits package.
Please apply to this advert or contact us via our website or LinkedIn, to be considered. SpectrumIT, Paul Grace
All candidates must be eligible, to work in the UK