Build and Release Engineer - Linux
My client is a leading global manufacturer of information systems for the public transport industry. All design and development and production are carried out at their head office in East Sussex.
You will be managing the build and release of software components, improving build test automation, instrumental in resolving merge conflicts and helping to standardise our build tools. You are likely to work with other members of the R&D, IT and Project Management teams.
- Define the branching strategy for handling milestones and production
- To develop scripts to improve the automation of producing and testing builds, moving towards a CI build system.
- To assist engineers in branching and merging code, resolving merge conflicts.
- To help define a suitable set of build and debug tools for our software processes
- Produce production release notes, adequate for both internal and external use. * Integrate the build system to the bug tracking system
- To ensure that agreed quality and time milestones are met
- To advise his or her manager of any improvements, conflicts of interest or inefficiencies pertaining to development activities
Background / Skills
- Proficiency in managing daily builds and releases
- Very good experience in Branching and Merging activities.
- Experience creating, managing and reporting on the release schedule (Release train)
- Experience in build systems which manage software for multiple hardware platforms (e.g. Yocto, OpenEmbedded, OpenWRT)
- Experience of maintaining various software feature branches using a Source Control System. (Git, SVN)
- Some knowledge of scripting languages for test automation (e.g. Python, Bash)
- Demonstrable aptitude for self-management through the development lifecycle
- Experience in working with small teams to turnaround small projects in fast timescales
- Degree in Computer Science and/or electronics related subject
- Understanding of embedded firmware and hardware
- Experience in working within an ISO9001 Quality system and contributing to its development
Apply now, send your CV to WilkinChan@SpectrumIT.co.uk or hit apply now.
Spectrum IT Recruitment - Wilkin Chan. Find me on LinkedIN.