£30,000 - £40,000+ Benefits
A progressive and ambitious organisation are looking for a Business Analyst to join them as they embark on an exciting period of change.
The organisation develop financial software and are looking for a Business Analyst to serve as the conduit between the customers and the Software Development and Test Teams. The role will pull on a mix of requirements elicitation, technical analysis and product knowledge.
This is a fast paced organisation and will require relationship management skills to be used across a wide range of stakeholders, including Product Owners.
The Business Analyst will have the following skills and experience:
- Demonstrable experience of working in a similar role, with at least 2-3 years' experience.
- Experience of defining software requirements and documenting specifications.
- Demonstrable strong interviewing skills to talk with individuals and groups about their needs and ask the right questions to identify essential requirements information, including working with individuals where English is not their first language.
- Demonstrable strong analytical skills to critically evaluate the information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, decompose high-level information into details, abstract up from low-level information to a more general understanding, distinguish presented user requests from the underlying true needs, and distinguish solution ideas from requirements.
- High quality of English in documents.
- Excellent communication skills to inform to customers, Software Development teams, Professional Services, project managers, and managers.
- Excellent organisational skills to collate vast array of information gathered during the project evaluation and analysis and to cope with rapidly changing information.
- Excellent solution modelling skills to represent requirements information in graphical forms that augment textual representations in natural language
- Good software lifecycle background including knowledge of software design methodologies.
- Able to produce clear documentation and communication of solution objectives, requirements and designs to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Experience of both internal and external customer interaction with specific reference to gathering, documenting and understanding customer requirements.
- Good technical background, including:
o Experience of the full software development lifecycle.
o Understanding of complex web based, client server and n-tier solutions.
o Solid SQL querying knowledge.
o Expert use of Microsoft Word and Visio.
- Ability to travel within UK and the rest of the world as necessary requirement for the role. Estimated travel around 25% and is likely to have some more intensive travel periods during requirements gathering, requiring longer periods away from the office.
- Experience of working in an Agile Scrum team.
- Experience of writing Agile user stories.
- Experience of working with financial industry.
- Experience of using Azure DevOps for managing development cycle.
- Experience of using Azure DevOps for recording and sharing requirements.
- Experience of development coding (ideally on Microsoft stack), because the ability to deep dive into code and database schemas will be an advantage.
- Desirable for person to have a T-Shaped skills base, so they can perform testing and other software development tasks to help them achieve sprint or project goals.
This is a great opportunity for a Business Analyst to have a significant contribution in the evolution of an already successful flagship product.
To apply for this role please email your cv to email@example.com