One of Basingstoke's highest profile employer is seeking an experience Business Analyst to join a new team working heading up a huge transformation project.
The Business Analyst is accountable for capturing, analysing and documenting business requirements, and responsible for ensuring that these requirements are delivered through the lifecycle of projects and activities.
The Business Analyst will work closely with the Portfolio Manager (or relevant delivery lead) and the business teams to understand current and future business processes, products and operations, and to use this understanding to clearly articulate and document requirements
to architecture, design and development teams. Further the Business Analyst will ensure the holistic architecture and process roadmap is utilised effectively(working with the Enterprise Arch Function), ensuring re-use/utilisation rates.
As Business Analyst you will:
- Defining requirements, creating functional design, user stories and resolving design queries.
- Elicit requirements using interviews, process reviews, shadowing, document analysis, requirements workshops, surveys, site visits, business process descriptions, use cases, scenarios, business analysis, task and workflow analysis.
- Critically evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, identify and close gaps, decompose high-level information into details, abstract up from low-level information to a general understanding, and distinguish user requests from the underlying true needs.
- Proactively communicate and collaborate with external and internal customers to analyse information needs and functional requirements and deliver appropriate artefacts on standard templates, including but not limited to Functional Requirements Documents, Process Flows, User Stories, Use Cases, GUI, Screen and Interface designs.
- Identify, propose, capture and evaluate non-functional requirements.
- Successfully engage in multiple initiatives simultaneously and end to end delivery of programme triaging issues.
- Drive and challenge business units on their assumptions of how they will successfully execute their plans, facilitate key meetings to drive out key insights and clarity for the wider business to align to.
- Interpret customer business needs and translate them into application and operational requirements.
- Act as the conduit between the customer community and the software development team through which requirements flow.
- Collaborate with developers and subject matter experts to establish the technical vision and analyse trade-offs between usability, functionality and performance needs.
The successful candidate will:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse stakeholder group including executives, managers, and subject matter experts
- Familiar with IT terminology, including architectural models and approaches, database technologies, development methodologies, testing and infrastructure
- Demonstrable experience in process and data modelling, requirements capture and analysis
- Good appreciation of systems design
- Working knowledge of appropriate legislation, including the Data Protection Act
- Day-to-day use of Microsoft Outlook, Excel, Word, Visio & PowerPoint
- Able to facilitate workshops, lead discussions and gain consensus views on decisions
- Knowledge of business processes, commercial drivers and activities, including marketing, sales, customer service and digital interactions in both B2B and B2C environments
The role of Business Analyst is paying up to £70,000 with comprehensive benefits including, 20% bonus, Car allowance, 25 days holiday, Private medical, pension and more.
To apply for this Business Analyst role please forward your CV to ChrisLynes@SpectrumIT.co.uk or call Chris on 02380 765 805