C++ Software Engineer - (C++, Linux)
£45k - £60k + benefits, progression and exposure to dynamic global projects
C++ Software Engineer required for a niche successful telecoms software house based in Camberley, you will have experience of Linux and ideally exposure to telecoms or similar protocols. You will work with a team in a small company (less than 50) working on a variety of software development activities in the mobile phone core network domain.
You must have recent C++ coding experience with Linux target & ideally STL). They have a fantastic reputation for high quality and specialist product development and a very exciting project pipeline. This is a great time to join the business as they embark on a drive to grow and upskill the teams in order to deliver an ambitious and exciting portfolio of new projects. An excellent environment for software engineers / developers with a passion for innovation, complex solutions and working at the leading edge of technology.
It is very rare nowadays to find a company who can offer you the flexibility my client can and who can be flexible on the type of person they bring on board.
For this role you will need to demonstrate a deep commercial understanding of the following technologies:-
- Strong C++ (Linux target and STL)
- Development for Linux OS systems and embedded environments
- Expertise in Linux tools (GDB / Networking)
- Development experience of multithreaded systems
- GSM / UMTS / LTE / other Telecoms protocol development
- OO design methodology
- System Design Exposure
- Protocols we use include - A interface, RANAP, GTP, luh, S1, MAP, CAMEL, Gb interface, Radius, Diameter, SMNP, SIP, RTP and other similar protocols
- Cross platform development experience
- Use of Software Configuration and task tracking tools
- Experience of scripting languages
- Expertise in Linux tools (GCC / Make / Profiling / Database)
- Telecoms/Datacoms configuration experience (e.g. Cisco, Asterisk PBXs or Cisco Networking Equipment)
- Layer 4 telecoms protocols and higher
If you do not have all of the relevant experience outlined above don't panic, if you have strong C++ and can demonstrate some understanding of protocols in any domain then please send me your CV and let them be the judge! There are many ways they can accommodate people into their team.
My client offer the opportunity to be part of a company who are fiercely in demand for their product suite within the current market along with a competitive salary, Flexible Working Hours, 23 days holiday, Discretionary Bonus, Healthcare, Life Assurance, Childcare Vouchers, 5% Pension along with an amazing working atmosphere and the chance to work with a very strong technical team who will add to your experience and skills.
If you have the relevant skills (or have worked in telecoms before) please send your CV to email@example.com or call 02380 765804.
Core Network IMS, C++, Software Engineer, Telecoms, Linux, GSM, UMTS, LTE protocol, System Design, RANAP, SMNP, SIP, RTP, Telecoms Configuration, OO design methodology, SVN, Trac, HSS, HLR, MME, PGW, SGW, MGW, SGSN, GCSN, MSC, SMSC, Camberley, Frimley, Farnborough, Fleet, Guildford, Woking, Farnham, Aldershot, Basingstoke, Slough, Maidenhead, Reading, Newbury