C++ Software Engineer - (C++, Linux / Core Network - HSS, HLR, MME, PGW, SGW, MGW, SGSN, GGSN, MSC, SMSC)
£50-60k + bonus, benefits, progression and exposure to dynamic global projects
C++ Software Engineer required for a niche successful telecoms software house based in Camberley, you will have experience of Linux and exposure to telecoms protocols. Candidates must have recent C++ coding experience (or other OO Programming language) AND relevant 'telecoms Core Network' exerpeience - Layer 4+ Protocols). They have a fantastic reputation for high quality and specialist product development and a very exciting project pipeline. This is a great time to join the business as they embark on a drive to grow and upskill the teams in order to deliver an ambitious and exciting portfolio of new projects. An excellent environment for software engineers / developers with a passion for innovation, complex solutions and working at the leading edge of technology.
It is very rare nowadays to find a company who can offer you the flexibility my client can and who can be flexible on the type of person they bring on board.
Software Engineers are required to; Assist in the development of designs for new products; Design and implement modifications to current and future products; Document and execute unit tests for software modules; Perform hardware/software integration tests and trials to demonstrate system designs.
For this role you will need to demonstrate a deep commercial understanding of the following technologies and protocols:-
- Core Network IMS
- Layer 4 telecoms protocols and higher
- Strong C++ (Linux target and STL)
- Development for a Linux environment
- Expertise in Linux tools (GCC / Make / GDB)
- Development experience of multithreaded systems
Desirable (some but not all of the following):
- Core Network - HSS, HLR, MME, PGW, SGW, MGW, SGSN, GGSN, SMSC
- GSM / UMTS / LTE protocol development or system design experience
- Protocols include - A interface, RANAP, GTP, luh, S1, MAP, CAMEL, Gb interface, Radius, Diameter, SMNP, SIP, RTP
- Other similar protocols - layer 3 and higher
- Telecoms/Datacoms configuration experience (e.g. Cisco, Asterisk PBXs or Cisco Networking Equipment)
- Experience of Boost libraries (Smart/Shared pointers in particular)
- OO design methodology
- Cross platform development experience
- SVN / Trac usageIP Addressing
If you do not have all of the relevant experience outlined above don't panic, if you feel you have enough to be considered then send me your CV and let them be the judge! There are many ways they can accommodate people into their team.
My client offer the opportunity to be part of a company who are fiercely in demand for their product suite within the current market along with a competitive salary, Flexible Working Hours, 23 days holiday, Discretionary Bonus, Healthcare, Life Assurance, Childcare Vouchers, 5% Pension along with an amazing working atmosphere and the chance to work with a very strong technical team who will add to your experience and skills.
If you have the relevant skills (or have worked in telecoms before) please send your CV to email@example.com or call 02380 765804.
Core Network IMS, C++, Software Engineer, Telecoms, Linux, HSS, HLR, MME, PGW, SGW, MGW, SGSN, GGSN, SMSC, STL, GSM, UMTS, LTE protocol, System Design, RANAP, SMNP, SIP, RTP, Telecoms Configuration, OO design methodology, SVN, Trac, HSS, HLR, MME, PGW, SGW, MGW, SGSN, GCSN, MSC, SMSC, Camberley, Frimley, Farnborough, Fleet, Guildford, Woking, Farnham, Aldershot, Basingstoke, Slough, Maidenhead, Reading, Newbury