C++ Software Engineer with specific experience in Industrial real time software development.
We are working with a worldwide leading engineering company to find talented and enthusiastic Software Engineers keen to get involved in development of embedded real time software including testing verification and documentation.
This is an excellent opportunity for a software engineer with a strong background in taking Ideas from Research into Development and then into a final production product as part of an agile team.
The work is varied, interesting and requires a competent level of experience across the C++ and Software stack. Ideally 3+ year's experience in a commercial Software engineering role is needed to hit the ground running, and a good level of industrial controls engineering knowledge. You will of course be given plenty of training and all the tools and tech you need to be a success in this role.
Below is an overview of the technology environment and the skills you will need to be a success in the role.
Summary of Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in a relevant discipline
- Current Passport and Driving Licence
- Understanding of Project Management, Planning, Procurement, Sales and R&D disciplines
- Market awareness - ability to keep pace with current developments
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels of the organisation
- Working knowledge of Health and Safety legislation and requirements
- Must be self-motivated and proficient in time management
- Experienced with product development in a small team.
- At least 3 years recent experience in software development
- Embedded real time firmware development in C,C# and C++
- Software development in Visual C, Visual Basic and Lab View
- Experience of designing for industrial or harsh environments
- Experience with vision or camera scanning systems.
- Experience of electro-mechanical control (solenoids, motors etc.)
- Analogue and embedded circuit design
- PCB design and layout
- Experience of PLCs and Industrial controllers
- Analogue and embedded circuit design, PCB layout and EMC compliance and test
- Familiarity with metals industry.
- Chartered Engineer status and member of relevant institute
The company offer a competitive salary of between £30,000 to £40,000 depending on experience. The company also offers great benefits and a culture of helping to further develop their teams.
If you are a Software Engineer who is keen to work with great like-minded people please get in touch asap, this could be the ideal role for you
Please apply now to get the ball rolling, I will be in touch to share the full details with you - Jason Hoffman, Spectrum IT Recruitment