CAD Application Support Engineer is required to join a highly progressive engineering company from their head office in the Ferndown area.
The role of the CAD Application Support Engineer will be to provide ongoing support to all internal users for the CAD packages which they use. You will be expected to:
- Manage and support the implementation of Solidworks Mechanical & Electrical PDM, including best practice Design Data File access and storage
- Manage the withdrawal of legacy Design applications within the company engineering departments.
- Provide end user support and guidance for all engineering design applications.
- Liaise with 3rd party vendors to resolve CAD & PDM issues.
- Work with the Mechanical & Electrical Engineering managers to develop & maintain company CAD & PDM standards.
- Generation of Work Instructions for CAD & PDM to standardise usage.
- Assist with software upgrades and new system implementations.
- Provide PDM training for new design staff.
- Keep abreast of trends and developments with current CAD & PDM software and suggest ideas to improve current work practices.
The ideal candidate for this role will have at least two years' experience giving application support, preferably to engineering design teams. If possible, you will have experience within Solidworks or PDM software.
As you will be liaising across multiple teams along with 3rd party suppliers, then you communications, both written and verbal, must be very strong.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a growing company who would be able to offer an excellent benefits package, 25 days holiday (plus bank holidays) along with further career opportunities.