An award winning and progressive technology group are looking for a Cloud Engineer to join their growing organisation.
The Cloud Engineer will join an agile team to assist in the design and implementation of AWS Infrastructure.
This is a great opportunity for a Cloud Engineer to join a business who offer autonomy and room to further develop skills!
As a Cloud Engineer you will be working with the systems team and wider architecture teams to develop new cloud service models.
The role will involve:
- Work with security teams to design and implement the connectivity, stability and security of the cloud environment
- Design and build automation tools
- Provide architect infrastructure solutions for Security, Scalability, Maintainability and Resilience
- Work on a wide range of innovative AWS user cases
- Design and build cloud monitoring and logging services
- Set up and configure AWS services
- Cloud Infrastructure architecture and implementation
- Assist with current on-premise infrastructure
- Develop Terraform and CloudFormation scripts
- Be part of the on-call rota
The successful Cloud Engineer will have;
- Professional Certification: AWS Solution Architect Preferred
- 5+ years' experience in related roles
- Strong scripting skills: PowerShell, Bash, Python
- In-depth knowledge of AWS
- Strong skills in Puppet, Chef or Ansible, .NET core, Apache, SQL
- Expertise with Terraform and cloud security design and tools
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Expertise in Cloud network architectures and in developing infrastructure CloudFormation scripts
- Strong IP networking skills including Load Balancing, DNS, VPN's and Firewalling
- Practical Linux and Windows-based systems administration skills in a cloud environment
- Experience in designing and implementing VPC's, VPC routing and VPC Security
- Automation skills: CI/CD tools, working with blue/green deployment frameworks
- BS level degree: Computer Science/Engineering
The role of Cloud Engineer is paying up to £65,000 depending on experience and fantastic benefits which include; 25 days annual leave, Private Medical Health Insurance Option, Annual Training Allowance and Pension.
To be considered please forward your CV to CameronElloway@SpectrumIT.co.uk or call Cameron on 02380 765 301.