Lead Cloud Engineer - Cloud Architect - AWS
Greenfield project, DevOps, Automation, Machine Learning, Data Science, Agile
Salary based on experience + benefits + flexible working
We are seeking a talented Lead Cloud Engineer / Cloud Architect to join a company in Hampshire developing a number of innovative Software / Cloud solutions at a time of investment and Greenfield project work.
The Cloud Architect will own the Cloud product and services across the business, with an initial focus on improving the AWS Cloud platform and Cloud Security. The Cloud Architect will be hands on initially, playing a key role in delivering a new Greenfield Cloud platform; owning the design, development, architecture and long-term strategy working closely with C level stakeholders.
The ideal candidate will have a strong Cloud Architecture / Software Engineering background and will be able to work automatously in all aspects of the Cloud product space. A recent focus on Cloud Security is preferred and current AWS experience is highly desirable.
- Builds, deliver, and maintain a modern AWS cloud platform from the ground up
- Partners with key stakeholders as a platform champion for Cloud services
- Drives continuous improvement of the IaaS product and capabilities through internal user groups and external market research
- Promote Cloud Security, adhering to required standards and processes.
- Drives continuous improvement of the AWS product and capabilities
- Implement Configuration Management and Infrastructure as Code (e.g. Chef, CloudFormation, Terraform, Puppet, Ansible, Python)
Qualifications & Experience
- 2+ years' experience in a Senior Engineer, Cloud Engineer, Cloud Architect role
- AWS experience is preferred, Azure, or Google public cloud experience will be considered.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, or related field
- Proficiency in DevOps and Containerisation
- Comfortable working in cross functional teams; Software Development, Data Science, IT Security etc
The company offer flexible working and a salary based on experience + benefits.
Their offices are commutable form Southampton, Winchester, Fareham and Basingstoke areas.
Please apply to this ad to discuss the full details, alternatively contact me via our website to LinkedIn - Paul Grace at SpectrumIT
All candidates must be eligible to work in the UK