Cloud Infrastructure Engineer
A progressive technology company are looking for a Cloud Infrastructure Engineer to join the business and support their Cloud Infrastructure.
The Cloud Infrastructure Engineer will work closely with the Infrastructure Manager to ensure the Cloud Architecture is fully supported and new functionality is best in class.
The responsibilities of the Cloud Infrastructure Engineer will include:
- Prioritise and deliver recommendations and improvements in response to incidents
- Ongoing support of the existing cloud based infrastructure
- Respond to critical issues or other work outside of working hours as required
- Participate in the design and build of complex cloud based infrastructure running a high-volume SaaS platform, including load balancers, networking, firewalls, Linux virtual machines, cloud scaling databases and associated technologies
- Work with product teams to ensure services are appropriately configures for production release considering predicted load volumes, scalability, redundancy and security requirements
- Identify, develop and implement tooling solutions to automate common tasks
- Testing, debugging and troubleshooting of platform level problems in our live and QA environments
- Work alongside the scrum teams to participate in the planning of work within an agile development environment
- Any other project or task as business needs require
The Cloud Infrastructure Engineer will have the following skills and experience:
- At least 3 years relevant work experience
- Degree in technology discipline and/or previous equivalent commercial experience
- Exceptional communication
- Fundamental knowledge and practical experience of working with networking technologies, Linux based operating systems and database technologies
- Good team player
- Cloud based infrastructure experience
- Pro-active, problem-solving approach
- Customer centric
This is a great opportunity for a Cloud Infrastructure Engineer to join the business and play a key role in supporting their ongoing growth.
The role of Cloud Infrastructure Engineer is offering a salary up to £50,000, 25 days holiday, Pension, Healthcare plan and more.
To apply for this Cloud Infrastructure Engineer role please forward your CV to CameronElloway@SpectrumIT.co.uk or call Cameron on 02380 765 301