Cloud Infrastructure Manager
An ambitious organisation with a high profile customer base are looking for a Cloud Operations Manager to join their team.
The Cloud Infrastructure Manager will have the overall accountability for the production cloud infrastructure, ensuring high availability, resilience and scalability.
Additional responsibilities for the Cloud Infrastructure Manager will include:
- Working in partnership with a technical delivery team, who account for the development and QA of the company's platform.
- The forecasting/budgeting, monitoring & management of cloud infrastructure costs and associated quotas across the various projects.
- Accountability for the QA infrastructure to support the testing requirements of the Technical Delivery Team's multiple Agile scrum units.
- Influence and contribute towards the delivery of a technical roadmap which is conducive to an Agile delivery environment, ensuring the future stability and scalability of the platform.
- Support the leadership team in the continual improvement of the technical delivery of the product.
- Distribute DevOps practices & knowledge across the Technical Delivery Team.
- Management and optimisation of the company Configuration Management system.
- Management of large data sets for use by the Development and QA teams for building and testing the product.
- Maintenance of a transparent monitoring solution for the production and QA infrastructure.
- Develop knowledge company products and the organisation's strategy and vision to be able to actively respond to business needs.
The successful Cloud Infrastructure Manager will have the following skills and experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or another relevant subject.
- Google Cloud Platform, ideally some or all of:
- Load Balancer
- Cloud Storage
- Identify and Access Management
- Security (OS Login)
- VPN/VPC management.
- Continuous Integration, ideally TeamCity.
- Build Automation Tools, ideally Maven. Monitoring & alerting tools e.g. Stackdriver, Nagios, Monit, Kibana.
- Application Deployment and Configuration Management platforms, ideally Ansible.
To apply for this position, please forward your cv to firstname.lastname@example.org