£22,000 to £26,000
Configuration Engineer required to join my client, a niche software company based in Fareham. Working for a company who are the independent global provider of data driven systems in this particular market ensuring they offer an excellent bespoke service to develop long term partnerships with their customers.
This is a specialist role and would suit someone who has a vested interest in computers or electromechanical devices, someone who likes tinkering with PC's at home so perhaps taking them apart, fixing them and putting them back together. You will be meticulous and accurate in your approach and be eager to learn and become an expert in your field. You will be responsible for the modification of codes / software programs to modify the software depending on specific customer needs.
A typical day would be
- Accepting the configuration requirement of a particular customer
- Develop the code, macros or text format and load it onto a machine
- Test it to ensure it works correctly
- Maintain and Support the Systems
Skills / Responsibilities
- Educated to HNC / Post BTEC Level or equivalent
- Configuration of various software applications and automation products
- Back up & Version Control
- Installations / Enhancements to Applications
- Edit 6800 Assembler Code to meet various process requirements
- Use drop down menus to edit machine control database to suit configuration
- Product installations & Training (Global)
- A background in A Level Physics or other practical Sciences would be useful
- Any electronics knowledge would be useful
- Any experience or interest in writing games
- HNC / Post BTEC Level
- Full Training will be given
Applicants must hold a valid driving license and Passport and be willing to travel locally and internationally occasionally.
If you are interested and have the relevant skills send your CV to email@example.com or call 02380 765804.