Spectrum IT's Fareham based retail client are looking to increase their IT Service Desk team and recruit a Contract 2nd Line Support Engineer. This is a 6 month contract role based in Fareham, Hampshire.
Due to the nature of this role, it may be necessary for the successful candidate to travel within the UK/Ireland to store locations to assist with on-site installations of hardware and software; this may result in extended days, as well as overnight stays.
- Provide technical troubleshooting support for desktop and iOS software and hardware technologies.
- Offer a high touch customer service, engaging with our business stakeholders and in-store employees, supporting the Level 1 technical teams in managing incidents and troubleshooting application issues.
- Escalating support tickets through Service NOW and working directly with third party suppliers and wider internal IT teams to resolve incidents. Be part of the diagnosis and resolution team and as needed provide detailed assessment post incident.
- Become first point of escalation for our Level 1 team, taking ownership of incidents and see through to closure.
- Maintain an exceptional level of customer service via phone and email, acting as an escalation point from Level 1 support call handlers and work against priority incidents as needed.
- Build and configure hardware and software for multiple systems, such as Point of Sale.
- As needed undertake small and medium IT projects which support the wider business need.
- Perform miscellaneous job-related duties, such as: Basic admin, pro-active monitoring, review and update of knowledge base documentation and other items as defined by IT Support Lead.
Skills & Experience:
- Two year's experience in Service Operations, systems and technology support, working on a service desk within a Retail or similar sector business (highly customer facing).
- Excellent practical understanding of Incident Management, Change & Problem Resolution
- Possess amazing attention to detail, consumer orientated in everything you do and bring the best to everyone you support.
- Mobility & Mobile Device Management (AirWatch or similar) product solutions
- iOS/iPad exposure and associated iOS applications - Airwatch or MobileIron
- Active Directory
- Cisco & Meraki Wi-Fi and network solutions
- Windows 7 & Windows 10
- Microsoft Office365
- Microsoft SQL 2008 & MySQL
- Azure and cloud technologies (benficial)
Please note this role will be Mon-Fri (37.5hrs) and will include addition on call needs once every 3rd weekend to help support 1st line.