Spectrum IT's Hampshire based client are looking to increase their IT Service Desk team and recruit a Contract 2nd Line Support Engineer. This is a 6 month contract with remote working but some office visits/onsite work may be required at their Fareham, Hampshire office.
- Provide technical troubleshooting support for desktop and iOS software and hardware technologies.
- Offer a high touch customer service, engaging with our business stakeholders and in-store retail employees, supporting the Level 1 technical teams in managing incidents and troubleshooting application issues.
- Escalating support tickets through Service NOW and working directly with third party suppliers and wider internal IT teams to resolve incidents. Be part of the diagnosis and resolution team and as needed provide detailed assessment post incident.
- Become first point of escalation for our Level 1 team, taking ownership of incidents and see through to closure.
- Maintain an exceptional level of customer service via phone and email, acting as an escalation point from Level 1 support call handlers and work against priority incidents as needed.
- Build and configure hardware and software for multiple systems, such as Point of Sale.
- As needed undertake small and medium IT projects which support the wider business need.
- Perform miscellaneous job-related duties, such as: Basic admin, pro-active monitoring, review and update of knowledge base documentation and other items as defined by IT Support Lead.
Skills & Experience:
- Mobility & Mobile Device Management (AirWatch or similar) product solutions
- iOS/iPad exposure and associated iOS applications - Airwatch or MobileIron
- Active Directory
- Cisco & Meraki Wi-Fi and network solutions
- Windows 7 & Windows 10
- Microsoft Office365
- Microsoft SQL 2008 & MySQL
- Excellent practical understanding of Incident Management, Change & Problem Resolution
- Possess amazing attention to detail, consumer orientated in everything you do and bring the best to everyone you support.
- Azure and cloud technologies (beneficial)
- TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP (beneficial)
- Microsoft Systems Centre Configuration Manager (SCCM)
- Service NOW & Five9 call logging and management software (beneficial)
Please note this role will be Mon-Fri (37.5hrs) and will include addition on call needs once every 3rd weekend to help support 1st line.