A Business Analyst is required for a 3 month contract, company is based in Southampton but this position will be remote with minimal office visits. The Business Analyst will be responsible for planning, designing, and implementing effective core activities of business requirement across the full project management and software development life cycle, in particularly at Discovery and Initiation phase. Those activities include gathering, analysing, defining, documenting, eliciting, and versioning business requirements in support of Project, Request of Change, and Work Request delivery. The Business Analyst is also responsible for gathering and compiling reports based on the findings, complete with probable causes ad possible solutions to application and system issues. This individual will apply proven communication, analytical, and problem solving skills to help maximise the benefit of IT system change/enhancement investments.
- Facilitate meeting and discussion with decision makers, internal and external system/product specialist, solution provider, and end users to define functional and non-function business requirement and technical specifications.
- Lead the design sessions in mapping and prototyping new application or systems for the purpose of introducing new, or enhancing existing business processes, operations, and information process flow.
- Review and analyse the effectiveness and efficiency of existing application or system
- Support PMO Team
- Provide estimates for requirements elicitation, documentation, and review activities
- Participate actively in Agile meetings
- Collaborate in the planning, design, development, and deployment of new applications/systems, and enhancement to existing applications
- Provide demo, orientation, and training to stakeholders and end users for modified and new systems
- Diploma/ Degree, or equivalent qualification in a business or technology discipline
- Minimum of 2 years business analysis experience
- In depth experience of functional and non-functional requirement documentation, with ability to facilitate solution design workshops, communicate and negotiate technical options with project stakeholders and SMEs
- Solid experience across the full project management and software development life cycle
- Proven experience of working in a delivery-focus business analysis role
- Proven experience in overseeing the design, development, and implementation of software and hardware solutions, systems, or products.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Solid experience of delivery using Waterfall and Agile (or Hybrid) project management methodology and Scrum development approach
- Confident working with cross functional business area and 3rd party vendors in gathering, eliciting, and documenting requirements
- Experience in logistic industries will be advantageous
- ISEB BA
If you are suitable and interested in the above, please apply or contact Natasha on firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.