Spectrum IT are working with a leading IT service provider based in the UK to recruit multiple Contract Business Analysts for a new and exciting 12 month project. These are brand new roles for a project starting very soon!
This exciting 12 month project will build and develop a next generation service management system from scratch and using the latest technology. Working in an agile team consisting of a Project Lead, Software Developers, Test Analysts and Business Analysts you will contribute to the overall project team working remotely in the UK.
As the Contract Business Analyst you will work with senior stakeholders to gather and write requirements to meet the business needs, you will understand the changes required to deliver an effective software solution. You will also write analysis/requirement documents, communicate effectively with all stakeholders and play a key role in this large scale project.
- Work with stakeholders to perform business analysis activities, gather requirements and write specifications.
- Work with customers to investigate and document business functions and processes allowing for the development of technical solutions to business problems.
- Organise and run workshops with stakeholders as part of the business analysis cycle and present issues and solutions.
- Present oral and written communications that convey conceptual and technical information to stakeholders. This will include documenting requirements, writing functional specifications, acceptance criteria and release documents.
- Plan and monitor requirements throughout the software development life cycle, working with the project team and customers.
- Work with a multi-disciplined team using an Agile methodology in well defined sprints. Attend daily scrum, sprint planning and retrospective meetings.
- Approach all work with a technical awareness so alternatives can be considered.
- Utilise your business analysis experience, creativity and skills to advise on alternative solutions.
- Be involved with the QA process to test software, raise bugs, make change requests and ensure software meets the requirements.
- Contribute ideas, through your reporting structure, to improve the product or the efficiency of working practices.
- Maintain a high level of professionalism and customer satisfaction in all contacts with customers and colleagues.
Skills / Experience:
- Extensive experience working as a Contract Business Analyst, experience working in a managed service provider setting would be highly beneficial.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to communicate with technical and non-technical people.
- Experience working in a multi-disciplined team including software developers, test analysts, project managers.
- Experience of Application Lifecycle Management tools (such as Azure DevOps), or other applications to manage projects and requirements.
- Knowledge/use of Azure DevOps (high beneficial)
- Knowledge/use of agile methodologies .
- Knowledge/use of T-SQL.
- Microsoft Office products.
- Able to effectively demonstrate software applications.
For more information regarding this new and exciting 6-12 month contract please apply with an updated CV.