Spectrum IT's Client are a global software business who are seeking an experienced Contract Cloud Security Engineer to join their Hampshire based Development team. This role is for an initial 3 month contract and the client have deemed this Outside IR35.
The company utilises a C#.NET, React, MongoDB and SQL Server tech stack with an Azure Cloud platform. They also use a modern DevOps processes focused on CI/CD and ensuring ongoing security through all development/deployment.
As the Contract Cloud Security Engineer, you will focus on ensuring the security of all cloud deployments (including deployment automation). You will work in a highly collaborative environment allowing for high visibility and accountability through daily stand-ups and a regular cadence of ceremonies.
- Work with and support the product development team, to complete the secure deployment automation of the Dockerised application into Azure (to ensure the security of production Azure subscription).
- Give consultative insight and review on how to continue and improve the security of the system.
- Minimise manual security interventions by improving the ability to run multiple instances of SaaS system at scale from within a small DevOps team.
- Support the product owner and key team stakeholders to define the security architecture and operational features.
- Provide consultancy and training to the existing team members on the security concepts/technologies utilised (including automation developed).
- Offer short- and long-term improvement ideas to our cloud security architecture, including consideration of our cloud hosting costs balanced against potential risk.
Skills / Experience:
- Hands-on experience of deploying and securing C# / .Net containerised applications into Azure
- Commercial experience working in a SaaS environment
- Expertise in cloud security best practices
- Azure security tooling experience such as Security Center, Azure Key Vault and Azure Monitor,
- Operational experience in cloud-based SaaS systems
- Experience deploying Dockerised microservice applications using Azure
- Solid C# / .Net development experience
- SQL Server
To find out more and state your interest, please apply with you updated CV.