Spectrum IT's Southampton based client are seeking an experienced Contract Database Manager to join them on an initial 3 month contract. As the Contract Database Manager you will be responsible for the Database Development team; ensuring development is carried out to a high standard (Oracle, MySQL, Postgres or other database platform) and providing general support for database applications developed and deployed by the team.
- Coordinate the development of the organisations databases ensuring that development proceeds in a controlled and efficient manner.
- Collaborate with system architects to ensure that database development takes place to expected/agreed designs and principles.
- Continue to complete own work packages while supporting other team members as required so that all development requirements are met.
- Oversee code reviews to ensure development standards are maintained.
- Assign, monitor and manage the workload of the Database Development team so resource is optimally utilised.
- Produce technical database designs in response to business requirements.
- Actively collaborate with business analysts to provide technical insight during the analysis project phase.
- Investigate, record and resolve support issues raised against the database.
- Develop SQL and PLSQL following the documented development process ensuring code is fully unit-tested and standards-compliant.
- Participate in the release process coordinating the promotion of DB code changes through the documented change management process to ensure that code is released in a controlled and secure manner.
- Attend planning and specification review meetings with other Dev Group management to ensure that work is appropriately allocated and scheduled according to the needs of the business and the skills of available resource.
Skills & Experience:
- Extensive Database Manager experience
- Experience of managing a development team
- A good understanding of the architecture of the Oracle RDBMS
- A good understanding of relational database theory and practical experience of implementing relational models.
- Experience of working with a variety of database technologies such as Oracle, MySQL and Postgres.
- Knowledge of cloud deployments, microservices and containerisation.
- Experience of implementing data warehouse platforms.
- Experience of different IT development methodologies, especially Agile/DevOps.
- Understanding of source code management and the code release process
For more information and to state your interest, please apply with an updated CV. Please note candidates for this role must be available immediately/with 1 weeks notice.