Contract DevOps Engineer
Spectrum IT's Central London client are seeking an experienced AWS DevOps Engineer to join their existing development team and play a key role in the migration from physical servers to AWS Cloud based. For this 6 Month contract you will be responsible for providing highly available and highly scalable automated deployments for the business.
Working closely with the developers to both drive the design and development of high-quality technical solution deployments; you will be at the forefront for consistent & repeatable DevOps processes & tooling across multiple projects. Candidates for this role will come from either a "hands on" development or operational background before they got into DevOps and will now consider themselves to have a strong understanding for the full extent of DevOps.
Skills / Experience Required
- Cloud Computing services, specifically Amazon Web Services (AWS): EC2, ECS, Fargate, Lambda, S3, IAM, VPCs, CloudFront, Direct Connect, CloudFormation, SQS, SNS, API Gateway
- Strong understanding for version control solutions, specifically Git/GitHub
- DevOps methods (integration & automation)
- CI/CD: Continuous integration, continuous delivery/deployment tooling, specifically, AWS CodePipeline and CodeDeploy
- Docker Experience, such as writing Dockerfiles, understanding Docker Networking and Service Discovery
- Containerisation orchestration, specifically, ECS and Kubernetes
- Supporting Java software development such as JVM tuning and writing Gradle config
- Good knowledge and hands on experience of Database technologies SQL, KVS and NoSQL particularly MySQL, PostgreSQL, Redis, and DynamoDB
- Understanding and basic scripting in Node.JS, Python and Bash
- Working within agile teams using Scrum, Kanban or other Lean methodologies
- Experience of ITIL and IT Management systems, such as ServiceNow, Jira, and Confluence
- Automated test tools, such as Selenium and Cucumber
For more information please apply with you updated CV.