Spectrum IT's Fareham based clients are seeking an experienced contractor to assist with a cloud migration project for an initial 6 month period. This role will be 2 days remote working per week and 3 days in the Fareham office.
The organisation is about to embark on a full migration of their infrastructure to hybrid public cloud set-up with the two market-leading cloud vendors. The role will initially focus on executing that migration, working alongside existing team members and third partner experts.
The initial migration will be completed throughout the second half of 2020, before then focusing on both evolving our set-up to use the latest containerisation technologies as well as cost optimisation.
- Support the migration of infrastructure to leading public cloud providers
- Post migration, help drive further cost optimisation through use of available service offerings
- Help to prepare and execute the adoption of Kubernetes-based hosting
- Operations of secure and highly available computing platforms, servers, and networks
- Install, maintain, upgrade, and continuously improve the infrastructure
- Maintain the ongoing reliability, performance and support of the infrastructure
- Security of the application infrastructure
- Instigate system performance tuning to optimise systems
- Management of users across numerous systems and interfaces
- Ensure security of data, network access and backup systems.
- Work in line with agreed standards and processes relevant to the role
- Ensure work is carried out in line with agreed SLA's
- Experience of managing an AWS public cloud
- Excellent Linux administration skills (CentOS & Ubuntu) including Apache web server and nginx proxying
- Automation/Configuration management via Puppet
- Use and administration of Puppet, Terraform and Terragrunt
- Working knowledge of Continuous Integration tooling
- Experience with Git distributed version control tools, e.g. Gitlab/Bitbucket/GitHub
- Experience of Docker and AWS Kubernetes-based solutions (e.g. EKS)
- A working understanding of code and script (PHP, Python, Bash, Ruby)
- Storage and Networking
- An understanding of Agile methodologies, including SCRUM
- Application and Infrastructure Security
- Application and Infrastructure Monitoring
Please apply with your updated CV for more information regarding this contract role.