Spectrum IT's Client are seeking a Contract EpiServer Developer to join their busy development team for a 2-3 month contract in Guildford, Surrey.
As the Contract EpiServer Developer you will be responsible for:
- Taking the lead in the development and customisation of the client's website using EpiServer CMS.
- Providing technical expertise to the business in terms of solution design and analysis.
- Developing & Testing of high quality solutions; ensuring that user interfaces are designed and delivered to a high standard that results in a first-class experience for the user (internal and external).
- Providing technical mentor ship to other members of the software development team.
- Ensuring adherence to defined websites development processes and policies, including source control and builds
- Liaising with the CMS supplier, currently EpiServer, to resolve system issues that cannot be resolved internally
- Reviewing design briefs before they are provided to the design agency to ensure that what is being requested is technically feasible
- Advising on proofs from design agencies to ensure that what is being suggested is technically feasible
- EpiServer 7+ experience
- Experience with working with Content Management Systems from a development perspective
- Understanding of .Net web form development or MVC
- Experience of BootStrap, HTML and CSS
- Working with stakeholders to resolve technical issues
- Liaising with external suppliers
- Building working prototypes
- Experience of documenting development from a functional and technical level is essential to this role
- Must have experience of working in a team environment using shared source control.
- Must have the technical experience to quickly and efficiently identify risks and issues and suggest effective resolution or mitigation.
- Must have experience of providing realistic estimates which account for all aspects of the development process including testing and adherence to existing commenting and release policies
- Excellent working knowledge of HTML and CSS at code level. The successful candidate will be expected to be productive from day one.
- Awareness and appreciation of current website & social media trends and standards
- A good working knowledge of Microsoft Visual Studio
- Knowledge of XSLT
- Understanding of bootstrap
- Working knowledge of Google analytics
- Ability to communicate with stakeholders in 'non-IT speak' ensuring mutual understanding between departments
Please apply with your updated CV or contact AaronGiles@spectrumIT.co.uk for more information on this new contract opportunity.