Spectrum IT's national client based in Fareham are looking to increase their Service Desk with a specific focus on Java support area as they have a new Java based CRM application. This is an exciting new contractor role within the business and well suited to a Java experienced candidate looking to become more customer centric.
The Service Desk within this business is the primary contact point for all UK Retail stores technology and systems for processing of transactions at Point of Sale (POS), CRM and consumer engaging digital experiences (Digital Signage, Social, Interactive Apps).
With the addition of a new Java based CRM application, deploying to stores in UK imminently, our client are seeking an experienced candidate with Java support or development experience to work as part of the 2nd Line team to troubleshoot and resolve issues. The candidate will also be able to provide coding/development insight to the 3rd line offshore support team when needed allowing for a warm hand over, identifying issues and aiding faster resolution.
- Be the first point of escalation for the new Java based CRM application, taking ownership of incidents and seeing them through to closure
- Provide technical troubleshooting support for desktop and iOS software and hardware technologies.
- Use coding experience to troubleshoot errors and either fix, provide a solution, or warmly hand over to our 3rd Party Vendor for resolution through Service NOW. Be part of the diagnosis and resolution team and as needed provide detailed assessment post incident.
- Offer a high touch customer service, engaging with our business stakeholders and in-store employees, supporting the Level 1 technical team in managing incidents and troubleshooting application issues.
- Maintain an exceptional level of customer service via phone and email, acting as an escalation point from Level 1 support call handlers and work against priority incidents as needed.
- Support L2 team where necessary
- As needed undertake small and medium IT projects which support the wider business need.
Skills & Experience:
- Previous experience in Service Operations, systems and technology support with Java, working on a service desk OR experience as a Java Developer who is looking to become more customer focused.
- Excellent practical understanding of Incident Management, Change & Problem Resolution
- Ability to analyse problems and present solutions to technical support issues.
- Have strong capability in setting priorities, meeting deadlines and make time sensitive decisions with limited information.
- Amazing attention to detail and highly consumer orientated in everything you
- Great team player ethos, being happy to stand in when needed and cover support needs in times of essential demand.
- Java programming skills
- Active Directory
- Cisco & Meraki Wi-Fi and network solutions
- Windows 7 & Windows 10
- Microsoft Office365
- Microsoft SQL 2008 & MySQL
- Azure and cloud technologies
- Mobility & Mobile Device Management (AirWatch or similar) product solutions
- iOS iPad exposure and associated iOS applications used in an enterprise environment.i
- Wndows Server 2012 (or above).
- TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP
- Microsoft Systems Centre Configuration Manager (SCCM)
- ITIL Certified
- Service NOW & Five9 call logging and management software
- Adyen payments platform.
IR35: Inside - Via Umbrella Engagement only
Duration: 3 Months initially with plans to extend through 2021