Role - Contract IT Security Analyst
Location - Mix of remote and onsite (Southampton)
Term - 9 Months
To understand, schedule and action the points outputs of a number of security audits carried out over the previous 2 years.
- Assessing vulnerabilities already identified
- Arranging and carrying out remediation
- Collaborating with technical resource to action remediation
- Adhering to existing IT processes
- Dealing with security alerts and reports from monitoring tools
- Using technical expertise to plan and implement system changes
- Introduce preventative measures to reduce security alerts and audit non-conformities
Knowledge, Qualifications and Experience
- Experience of working as a Security Analyst or similar role
- Good knowledge of information risk concepts and principles
- Knowledge of the Data Protection Act and General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
- Familiarity with industry compliance and security standards
- Understanding of alerts and monitoring applications
- Experience of addressing vulnerabilities
- Demonstrable ability to form effective working relationships with all stakeholders
- Confident in communicating technical aspects of security incidents and threats to non-technical stakeholders
Security of Linux (Redhat, Oracle Enterprise Linux), Windows (Server 2008, 2012, 2016), JEE server environment, preferably containerised solutions based on Kubernetes and Docker.
- Technical experience/knowledge with virtualized environments such as Hyper-V, VMWare and others.
- Technical experience/knowledge Kubernetes.
- Experience of Java / IBM MQ Messaging services.
- Experience of Oracle or MSSQL Database administration.
- Experience with complex network installations including routers, firewalls, switches, virtual networks and VPN's.
- Unix/Linux: Administration skills using command line interface and scripts including shell scripts, python scripting to provide the automation of tasks.
- Experience of middleware integration with database preferably using Oracle Database and Microsoft SQL servers.
- Knowledge of deployment of applications and patching on Linux (Redhat, Oracle Enterprise) and Windows Server (2008, 2012, 2016).
- Technical experience in Oracle WebLogic, Oracle Service bus (OSB) in a multi-tiered web environment, understanding the interaction between each tier.
If suitable please apply or contact Natasha on firstname.lastname@example.org for more information