Role: Contract Network Engineer
Length: 3 Months
IR35 Determination: Inside
** Excellent opportunity to have some fun and work at the same time. If you are Network Specialist / Network Engineer with experience of Juniper Routers, Switches and Firewalls within an enterprise level environment (Service Provider, Hosting or Colocation) we want to talk to you! **
For our customers, our Network Operations Analysts are not just a pair of hands or the voice on the other end of the line. To our customers you are their support. In this high-impact role, you are primarily responsible for blending customer support and network operations. Be prepared to do work that truly matters - your decisions impact the future of not only our FastFiber Network, but the company as a whole. For this, you must be team focused, customer focused, and have razor-sharp attention to detail in your design and documentation. This goes without saying, but a keen understanding of scalability and resiliency is a skill you'll use on a daily basis as a member of this team. This position requires a willingness to dream big and measure yourself against the best. Not just technologically, but in all that you do. Be prepared for a career that doesn't feel like work, no matter how long and hard you are actually working.
What you'll do:
- Provide support to colocation and network customers
- Monitor network health and responds to event alarms
- Analyse network traffic patterns and respond to security issues
- Work with Cisco, Juniper and Brocade switches/routers, NetScreen and Juniper firewalls, and Brocade and Citrix load balancers on a daily basis
- Works closely with the network engineering team to troubleshoot and resolve advanced network issues
- Co-ordinates maintenance with customers, vendors and remote technicians
- Detect and Mitigate Distributed Denial of Service (DDoS) attacks against our network and clients
- Monitor and troubleshoot internal and customer servers and applications outages using all monitoring tools
- Configure new customer solutions including Routing, VLANs, MPLS, Load Balancing, VPNs and SD-WAN technologies
The ideal candidate will have:
- Demonstrable hands on network experience is desired
- Strong grasp of TCP/IP, routing, switching, cabling and internet protocols such as BGP, IS-IS, OSPF, etc.
- Advanced knowledge of either Cisco, Juniper or Brocade hardware and software
- Proven ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills - you have a knack for figuring things out
- The ability to communicate clearly and effortlessly, both verbally and in writing
- Customer service skills that will dazzle our clients
- The ability to move quickly and pick things up at the speed of light - we're a fast-paced gang
- We like yoga, but we mean flexible in the sense that you adapt to changes quickly and with ease
- Drive - you know what you want and aren't afraid of working hard to get it
- Flexibility to work shifts under a rotation schedule that includes weekends and nights
- A team player with a great sense of humour
You'll make the A list if you have:
- Degree or diploma in network systems, or equivalent education and experience.
- Good knowledge of Linux/Unix, VMware and Windows environments.
- Certifications with Cisco and/or Juniper (CCNA/CCNP/JNCIA/JNCIS) or equivalent
- Kick-ass firewall, VPN and/or load balancing skills
- Multilingual Skill, especially French (Not essential)
About Joining us:
We don't make the Internet work better by simply relying on our world-class data centres and a network that spans North America, Canada and the UK. Our people are what make the difference and are the game changers. Technology doesn't bring about change. We believe it's the people who bring the skills to make the technology work. They set us apart from the other companies out there, so we're deliberate about creating an environment where every person grows and thrives. Our values guide our decisions. Our leaders guide our people. Our people shape and sustain our culture. And, logically, our culture drives our success.
You may have worked in the following capacities:
Juniper Network Engineer, Hosting Network Engineer, Cisco Network, Network Technician, Network Analyst