Role: Contract Project Manager
Length: 4 Months Initially
Location: Guildford or remote
IR35 Status: TBC
- Managing IT projects and ensuring delivered to, scope, time, quality & budget
- Ensuring that all projects deliver the defined objectives to the specified quality standard and that the benefits set out in the business case are realised
- Building and maintaining effective relationships with colleagues and stakeholders to enable successful implementation of projects and change requests
- Reviewing and developing project methodology and documentation to ensure that all projects follow a defined process
- Providing project management specialist advice and support to colleagues within IT and the business
- Monitoring of project costs and expenditure in accordance with organisational guidelines and procedures.
- Ensuring that risk management is embedded within projects and that it underpins all decision making.
Project and Change Delivery
- Produce Project Initiation Documents (PIDs) for all projects
- Prepare Project Plans, Stage plans and (if necessary) Exceptions Plans
- Ensure that all tasks on the plan are allocated to individuals and monitor progress to ensure they are delivered on time and that milestones are met
- Deliver projects and change requests to agreed timescales ensuring:
- Deadlines are realistic
- Benefits are managed and delivered
- Issues are identified and managed
- Risks are logged and mitigation and contingency plans are in place
- Solution is fit for purpose
- Solution is documented so that it can be maintained and supported
- Solution is thoroughly tested before being released to live environment
- Progress is reported on a regular basis via highlight reports and progress meetings
- Project finances managed ensuring:
- Funds for the project are scheduled optimally
- Business case at the core of decision making
- Financial tolerances monitored effectively across all projects
- Risks evaluated in financial terms and economically viable response plans formulated and agreed.
- Create lessons learned and project closure reports
- Maintain project methodology and ensure it is followed for all projects.
- Build and establish strong working relationships with the business to enable collaboration on projects
- Ensure a sound understanding of business developments and priorities.
- Work closely with stakeholders to obtain agreement on project and change request deliverables
- Ensure that communications are active, bi-directional and embedded in the decision-making process.
- Ensure communications are measured, relevant and trusted.
- Communicate and obtain feedback from relevant stakeholders following delivery of projects and change requests, analysing comments and requests, and prioritising if action is required