Contract Senior DevOps Engineer
Spectrum IT's Central London Client are seeking an experienced Senior DevOps Engineer to join their modern software engineering team to focus on building reliable, scalable and highly functional solutions with their SaaS platform.
Currently the London based engineering team consists of 10 engineers (front end, back end, DevOps and test) with plans to expand due to continued success and business growth. Working within an Agile set up, you will work in 2-week sprints and with a focus on high levels of communication, CI/CD, pairing, standups, and retrospectives
- Work on site reliability projects, including migrating legacy applications with the engineers to modern, scalable services (Python/Golang based).
- Work on improving the AWS, Kubernetes, Docker in production ensuring the system can meet both scalability and reliability demands as the business grows.
- Work to ensure that incidents are resolved in production as quickly as possible, post-mortems are carried out and that actions are managed appropriately.
- Working with the data platform. Administer the relational database management systems (Postgres, Redshift a plus) and non-relational database management systems (a plus).
- Optimising the reporting and inference engine to run analytics over millions of data points in real-time for all customers.
Required Skills/ Experience:
- Ampersand.JS & React: Customers interact with the business platform through a single page web app(SPA), which uses the Ampersand.js framework, with a separate section in React.
- Python & Golang: The app communicates with the backend platform through various Python 3 and Golang. Flask powers our Python API layer. Golang powers some of our massively concurrent workloads and analytics services.
- Experience of container orchestration with Kubernetes
- AWS, Docker, Kubernetes & Terraform: AWS/Docker/Kubernetes are configured with Terraform. Data is stored in Postgres and Redshift, and we use various queueing /messaging tools (Google Pub/Sub, Kinesis, AWS SQS, Beanstalk, Celery, and Gearman)
Please apply with your updated CV or contact AaronGiles@SpectrumIT.co.uk for more information.