Spectrum IT's East London client are a highly established and renowned UK business. In their current project, they are focusing on the development and validation of Connected Autonomous Vehicles (CAV).
The Contract Senior Network Engineer will play a key role in this green field deployment and work autonomously inline with the designed network architecture.
You will be a highly experienced network engineer with a strong background using Cisco kit and systems and will also have previous experience with fibre backbone networks. You will have a practical working knowledge of specific applications including:
- Cisco DNA-C
- IOx / IOS
- Centos / RHEL
- Windows Server
- Unpack and rack physical servers / appliances for two locations (Data Centre A - Woolwich as primary and Data Centre B - QEOP as secondary)
- Unpack and rack fibre interconnects and switches
- Connect up, power (with in cabinet PDUs) connect up fibre interconnects and ethernet.
- Bring up and configure DNA Centre - single appliance
- Cisco Umbrella, Stealthwatch to add in and configure
- Configure UCS director server and bring up management interface network
- Bring up each UCS appliance
- Install, bring up and configure Windows Server 2019 for active directory
- Install, bring up and configure Cisco Identity Services Engine (policies, NAC services, licensing, end point profiles, client provisioning, posture, trustsec and end user portals)
- Connect up data and application network
- Install, bring up and configure Cloud Services Router vappliance
- Install and bring up Cisco ASAv NGFW (2No - HA) then configure
- Install, bring up and configure Cisco WLC (2No - HA) then configure, migrating from already provisioned AWS hosted WLC and CSR for field equipment
- Install, bring up and configure VSOM and VSM - claim 287 cameras, configure matrix view, NAC and system permissions / roles
- Install, bring up and configure Cisco Kinetic, EFM - integrate with Codha MK5 roadside units
- Install, bring up and configure FND - claim field switches and devices
- Install VMWare ESXI and VSphere server on three nodes.
- Install Centos or RHEL on n nodes.
- Deploy Cloudera Enterprise Data Hub and all ancillaries
At the point of the DCA becoming available
- Disconnect and prepare for relocation Cabinets 1, 2 and 3, splitting the install as made into two. DCA infrastructure and DCB infrastructure.
- Recommission cabinets 1, 2, 3 at DCA
- Connect up to the ITS provided Fibre head ends for - 35 monitoring sites (trunked VLANS)
- Connect up to the ITS provided 10Gi internet access
- Connect up to the inter site 10Gi link between DCA and DCB
- Commission each of the 35 monitoring sites - switch over from cellular to fibre access
- Patch LAN access for desks
- Patch LAN access for control room
- Set up control room screens, workstations and application access.
If you are a highly experienced Contract Network Engineer, available immediately and have a strong understanding for the above responsibilities - This could be the role for you!
Please apply with you updated CV for more information.