Spectrum IT's Woking based client are seeking an experienced Contract Software Developer with strong Drupal 8 and Node Js skills for an initial 3-month contract.
As the Contract Software Developer you will create high quality, structured, reusable and annotated code, to ensure that all products are able to integrate with different POS systems (e.g. Aloha, Micros etc.) and delivery providers.
Our client utilises Drupal 8 in a non-conventional sense and so it is important to note this is not a fresh "out of the box" software role. The Drupal 8 CMS is set up as more of a UI for the business' API. Therefore, Node JS experience is also very relevant and valuable as most of the CMS is set to call in APIs.
The finer details…
Candidates need to also have Drupal 8 Headless experience that can also do bespoke PHP code. This is because a lot of the Drupal modules don't work with Headless, so the client has had to work on bespoke solutions to replace these. The right individual will be the owner and driver of the CMS, working with the multiple teams. They will be responsible for developing the CMS roadmap with our technical architect and POs, as well as the more day to day tasks of undertaking tickets that can range from: tidying up the CMS interface to integrate web forms with Marketing Cloud; adding search and filtering functionality; setting up new websites which involve creating a new component that pulls data from an existing third party API, manipulating that data and outputting it through the website API for a front-end developer to style in React; ensuring the CMS UI is user friendly etc.
- Drupal 8 headless (experience in developing and managing these applications) with Node JS (highly proficient)
- Node JS with experience of Drupal 8 (highly proficient)
- PHP and knows Symphony (proficient)
- Experience developing with open source PHP CMS (in Drupal 8).
- Experience using code version control systems (GIT).
- Experience building responsive websites and applications.
- Experience of integrating with web services and APIs, including REST endpoints.
- AWS / API (proficient)
Additional "Nice to have"s
- Knowledge of Lambda (nice to have)
- Knowledge of Terraform (nice-to-have)
- Utilisation of Salesforce, AWS, Jenkins and other infrastructure related systems and stacks
If you meet the above mandatory skills set and are seeking a contract role, please apply for further information and to be contacted.