Contract Technical Trainer - Southampton
Spectrum IT's Southampton client are seeking an experienced Trainer to join them on a 6 month Contract. You will play a key role in the training design and implementation for IT Software and Systems integral to the business. The main function of the Contract Technical Trainer will be to design and develop training for a variety of safety products in a variety of formats.
In this role you will work closely multiple functions within the company (such as R&D engineers, Support and Installation engineers) to ensure accurate and on-time training materials are delivered. There will also be a requirement to support delivery of technical training courses to both customers and employees in person or virtually.
- Independently lead the development of learning solutions through the training life cycle including requirements analysis, mapping, design, development and delivery
- Develop technical training solutions for customers, partners and employees delivering training materials and associated documentation for instructor-led training courses and eLearning offerings
- Deliver courses in both classroom and online (virtual) environments
- Work closely with the product house to gain expertise of new products and versions
- Evaluate training effectiveness to ensure continual improvements to content and delivery
- Install, upgrade and maintain training systems
- Ensure successful completion of training development projects to defined project time lines
- Work as part of a team, within a global group, to achieve project and group goals
- Constitute a point-of-contact for Safety product knowledge for trainers worldwide
- Very high level of verbal and written English
- Fully conversant with Microsoft Word and PowerPoint
- Direct experience as Technical Trainer, Technical Author or Instructional Designer.
- Real life experience in one or more of the following technologies:
- Microsoft Windows Operating Systems
- Networking: protocols, switches, firewall, VLAN
- Fixed and wireless telecommunications
- Virtualization: VMware or Hyper-V
- Some international travel required; up to 15% of time
- Experience in the Safety industry - an advantage
For more information please apply with your updated CV.